Thread: best character?
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2000, 04:11 PM   #4
Overton

The best character is whatever one you want to go through the game with

Sounds Corny, right? But seriously, There are enough magic items and specialized skills that virtually any character can be quite deadly. I beat the game the first time with a swashbuckler, the second with the kensai, and am going through now with an archer. My swashbuckler, dual weilding the equalizer and dragon slayer with a girdle of stone gian strenght and black dragon armor is awsome...-9 armor class and deals out 20-30 (non critical) hits on lots of stuff with each sword! Plus he can pick any lock i have come across that is pickable. And arguably has the best stronghold. On the other hand, my Kensai with the Clestial Fury was a lawnmower...he could take just about any creature on (except that darn Demi Lich) in the game and kill them in 2-3 rounds at the most. Combat machine! On the other hand, my archer NEVER misses. With some arrows of biting and a better bow than his +1 comp bow (i just started with him), i bet he will be awesome. i can also see arguments for Druid, Priest, Paladin, and mage as well.

If you look on this board, you will see hundreds of posts claiming that just about every character class is their favorite. It boils down to how you play. A kensai mage would be a great combo, with good combat abilities coupled with spell casting...but on the flip side you would not be able to memorize the really cool high level spells, nor will you be able to acheive high mastery in whatever weapon you want and 2 points in single weapon fighting and still become a high level spell caster. I personally look forward to the high level benefits you can reap with a single class character. But then again that is my preference.