View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 02:16 AM   #6
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: GWB farewll speech.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
I will tell you this. He was dealt a turd sandwich and did the best he could to keep the enemy of our nation off our soil, and to take the fight into their lair. Was he successful? Yes.
Yes, he was dealt a horrible hand as far as 9/11 goes, but that can't be blamed on his predecessor unless it can be blamed on him too. If there was a lax approach to impending threat, then it was carried on in his term also. According to Condi Rice though, when she was questioned by the 9/11 comission, these threats were so frequent, that they began to become almost routine, like a dog with much bark and little bite. I don't begrudge Bush or blame him for it - it is anyones guess whether today they decide to attack or just continue threatening for another 8 years. But, I will certainly point out that to ignore all this, and to blindly blame his predecessor on something that no-one could accurately predict, is almost as retarded as blaming Bush for it in the first place.

As far as taking the fight into their lair. Well, you know how that goes. The terrorist group is still alive and well. He may have miscalculated or just read the map wrong but ended up in the wrong place - and still remains there.

Quote:
Was he perfect? No!
Elaborate. Briefly, tell me what you did not like.

Quote:
But everything that some people blame him for, were not his to be blamed for. As far as red tail news, I could really give less than a rat's ass about their rhetoric. IMO, Couric, Williams, Rather, and Fox are all opinionated in their own right, and if you don't agree with their philosophy, then one becomes the butt of their insignificant ridicule. Always remember, life is but a set of choices, and choosing to click the remote is a choice!
True, some people simply piled stuff on him. I personally feel there is enough substantial stuff to bitch about and work with rather than make stuff up. A spokesperson for Bush reecently said that around the time of Katrina was when his approval ratings dipped and that he never recovered from it as far as polls go. The stuff that came afterward which I listed above, didn't exactly help. To this day GW still says his reaction time to Katrina was "Pretty quick".