View Single Post
Old 05-28-2007, 03:34 PM   #4
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Heya cloudy! Morning all! By the time i finish typing this, it probably won't be the first post but what they hey, it'll be close.

I have a question for those who may have been shoved into a dead-end night shift job. How did you fare rotating back into life?..

I doubt anyone would've noticed, but in the last two weeks, i've been visiting IW at any and all times of day and night. Two weeks ago i was promoted back to life from my nightshift job (i got sacked, thanks a million for IR Johnny boy! Getting away from that company was almost worth forfeiting my written/verbal warnings and two weeks notice/severance )

Anyhoo, since then i've found it very difficult getting my eating, sleeping and living patterns back to normal. I was only at the job for 7 weeks and although the transition into night shift was smooth enough, i can't get off it. I've tried oversleeping and undersleeping and artificially induced chronic undersleeping but as soon as i feel like i'm back on a regular cycle, my body takes over and, within the space of a day, i do a spectacular reversal. I already know the answer to my problem, a normal job, but until then, what can i do? What have others done in my situation?

Ed: IR = Industrial Reform. Johnny boy = Prime minister. Not THE Johnny.

[ 05-28-2007, 06:47 PM: Message edited by: Sever ]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote