Thread: Character Type
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2005, 06:41 AM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

I voted Shinobi but that's not entirely true. I do like the rogue/shadowdancer a lot which is the reason I picked it. I've been playing the same Rogue/SD (for the character, not the class) for over a year and a half now so that might be bias. Also, I simply love skillpoints so human rogues make sense.
Other than that I prefer melee-oriented characters who have some magic at their disposal. That's Rangers and Bards (for background), Clerics (a bit too powerful for my liking; and if I see one more Trickery cleric I'll cry), Paladins (proper ones, lots of people seem to forget they have standards and ideals), but not druids. I just can't seem to like those.
As for prestige classes, excepting the one above, I'll pass. Monks, Sorcerers, Wizards, Fighters and Barbarians either have too little combat ability or too little magic for my tastes.

As for what that makes my playing style, well, nothing much.

I do like sneaking around and eavesdropping, and being able to walk through monster-infested areas without any of them raising a blade to attack me.
As that's what my main character does (she hasn't fought a proper battle in months, literally) I spend a lot of time with that.
My other characters tend to be seen a lot less often as a result, making them lone-rangerish to an extent. Though it does vary a lot, and I do play the character classes I'm not so fond of as well. The only thing I don't involve myself with is the whole Vampire / Dragon / Daemon / Celestial / Half-god, half-dragon, half-icicle, half-snail / Werewolf type characters. Regular humans and elves are just fine (I don't play dwarves either, or half-elves, or gnomes or halflings, though that's all subject to the same rules as above, i.e. sometimes I do really).

[ 04-10-2005, 06:49 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote