View Single Post
Old 11-21-2002, 02:56 PM   #16
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Ronn, My post regarding the Bush Team was not an all-or-nothing comment. I'm just saying that I think his exceptional team is his saving grace. I think his personal aptitude is best evidenced by the fact that he has not had a press conference since 9/11/01. He's made speeches, but has little ability to field questions. Take notice of this, and let me know if I'm wrong.
I know TL. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But even saying they're his saving grace is too easy because there is no way to prove or disprove it. We can't just bench "the team" to find out, and the fact that he doesn't give speaches doesn't prove it to me.

You'll never hear me argue that he's a great orator . [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

Kind of like the argument over his college transcripts. He's not a genius, but he's competent. Personally, I'd rather have a president who can pick and then actually administrate his administration than one who sounds good and can put on a show for the press and public. Both would be nice, but if I have to choose...

I do realize your arguments go deeper than this though, and your point is taken.

[ 11-21-2002, 02:57 PM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]