View Single Post
Old 01-16-2011, 03:48 PM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: DC Universe Online

Yeah, I'm more of a Marvel kid also, although I love superheroes in general so can adapt. I picked the game up this morning. Beyond Batman and Superman, I know very little lore about the DC universe. Many of the iconic supervillains and heroes are new to me, whereis if this was Marvel, I'd be naming them all as they show up like a giddy fanboi. Still, like I said, I have no problem adapting if the game is good.

I am just bitter that Marvel have yet to tap the MMO market. It is a NO BRAINER to launch an MMO in the Marvel Universe. There is such an untapped market there. Old-school Spidey fans like our parents, new-school fans like us, all the comic collectors, animators etc. It's a veritable goldmine that has not been opened yet. Marvel need only approach a reputable game develepor with half a clue how to make games (no more Cryptic Studios please), give them the license to use their characters and boom. They will come. I will come, at least.

But, hey, may the best man win. DC got it out first, surprisingly. More power to them for seeing an opportunity and seizing it. And the game looks to be a hit so far. I only played for an hour or two, but the art is beautiful and fitting and the gameplay is definately fun and action-packed. I agree, it is a refreshing change from WoW. It immediately looks and plays better than the semi recent Champions Online and older City of Heroes. Gonna play more tonight for a bit if I get the time.