View Single Post
Old 08-16-2001, 11:28 PM   #8
Wildhorse
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tananda:
No, fighting one won't wake up the others . I do not know why golems were after you if you fought only one of them at a time... May be you just seemed suspicious to them .
- Warning *Strong* spoiler in text below warning -

Careful, by those words I meant only from any chapters on, I cannot attest to that specific issue since I decided to take the darn stuff and run like hell (and hell isn't the right word here since those buggers are faster than hell when they know you dirty hand is inside those coffers) and hack them one by one.

All I know, is, that in every other moments where I have find myself in a Golem "room", anytime I'd hit one golem all the others wake up and this is logical of course. If only you that the Drow city and the temple where the eggs are stored in the room, you dare hit one of those golems and you'll have the lots up your hairy nose in a second. This is just one example of many others.

I got so tired of golems that I started automated casting of fire elementals whenever I'd see one and this got me in serious trouble in the Sphere when I killed the golems I was suppose to put the daemon heart in. I say serious, not really, I managed to place it in the machine itself and thank god the game had this possibility stored because (I have 450 saves for this game alone, with a 10 saves slot cycle) I had no save windows to before the incident. Don't remember the exact text, but it said something like "At the default of finding a simpler (or better) solution..." after placing the heart inside the machine. Anyway, I should have known it because the blue golems were just not moving to attack me which I was finding very odd for those nasties.

I must admit I kind of like those golems, I truly hated the Evil Eyes monster till I got the reflective spell shield and I'd just stand in front of them and wait while I eat a donut as they killed themselves. What made me even more happy was when I'd get Valygar just behind one in hidding and he'd hit one by surprise and the lil bugger would turn yellow so frighten by the surprise attack and (well.. not run like hell) float like hell away from me :]

[This message has been edited by Wildhorse (edited 08-16-2001).]