View Single Post
Old 08-21-2003, 01:20 AM   #18
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
i play most of the time as female, and only play male to explore various romances only available for that gender (im a guy rl)
Reasoning...
in offline games
female portraits are typicaly far cooler looking
its easier to roleplay a fem personality for me
all of my favorite rolemodels are female so it kinda goes hand in hand to play as their gender.

in online games
the female form & equipment on said form is typically nicer looking or cuter than the male counterpart.
people in general are nicer to you
This is where I get confused! Do you find it easier to play a female pc because it's nothing like yourself and you can pretty much do whatever comes to mind and it's 'in character'? Or do you try to relate to the rp world as a woman and play it very much in character from that perspective?

My fiance says he played female characters to do something different and because it was a 'stretch' to see if he could play a good one.

This brings up another really interesting question for those of you who play characters the opposite of your own gender. Do you play the characters differently? How do their actions or behavior differ from characters you play that are your own gender? I mean if you're a male playing a female, how do you play her? Does she do things differently from your male characters? Does she flirt with the bartenders or just bash and smash with the best of 'em? LOL

[ 08-21-2003, 01:21 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]