View Single Post
Old 06-10-2006, 10:16 PM   #1
SHO-VA
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well boys and girls, they have really done it this time..

OE (Obsidion Entertainment) is now in another round of damage controll, over once again their horrible PW support.

This time, it looks like its been leaked that players will have to download the entire PW mod, before being able to play them.

there are 2 threads on this that I have found so far, with a DEVs rather lamebutt responce.

here are the links to the threads:
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...4472&forum=100
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums...4524&forum=100

to save you all time and trouble of finding my post, and since i posted the same thing on both threads, i will share it with you here aswell. Enjoy [img]smile.gif[/img]

First sorry but i'm going to post this on both threads as who knows which one will get a dev responce, if any.

Quote:
Posted 06/11/06 00:08:23 (GMT) by Darren Monahan
We are making every effort to prevent the need for the server(s) to distribute scripts, dialogs, or any other proprietary data to the client so that it can be examined or reverse engineered.
here is my take on this, "We are making every effort to prevent the need..." ok, so at this point, 10-14 weeks from release, everything that makes PWs unique, needs to be shared with the player, as a DL. Your hopefull that you'll work something out so that is not the case, but right now, looks like it is the case. I have to wonder, just what it is the PW community did, or didnt do, to get such lousy support from your company.

To all those that would call me a doom crier, (again) All I can say is that this isnt the only issue that I find down right disturbing from a product I have been watching the progress of for over a year now. 1, to 5 issues, I could deal with. 10+ is getting to the point of why bother at all.

To the OC, and SP players the PWs mean nothing. Apparently to OE, we are worth even less. That may be doom crying, But that is becomming more and more the feeling lots of future PW builders/hosts in NWN2 are getting. Several have decieded not to do their Plans in NWN2. Lots more are on the fence, and leaning further and further to the no side.

For the future of PWs in NWN2, it isnt a bright and shiny great new graffix world. It is a ever shrinking pool of talent, that will look to other games to make their mark.
Sure, there may be, PWs in NWN2. There will also be alot less of them overall. That translates into fewer Sp mods to dl, and less custom content from the community. Well Done OE, thanks for the 10d6 backstab.

before I give the SP doom callers any more ammunition, OE, the definition of a sequel is: A book, motion picture, Video game, or dramatic presentation that continues the content, or narrative of an earlier work.
In NWN2, we know it was never going to be a continuation of the OC from NWN, so that leaves content. Since your not encluding everything that NWN has, you have failed on content too. Its not a sequel anymore, Its a new engine, new graffix and a 20 hour OC. Stop calling it NWN2, and start calling it OEs NWN, the 20 hour play by yourself game...

Really, NWN2 is looking, more and more like New Coke did.. We all remember how well that went over.

P.S. your new screenshots look rather lame. whats with the Michael Jackson lookalike character in them?

[ 06-10-2006, 10:17 PM: Message edited by: SHO-VA ]