View Single Post
Old 09-23-2001, 12:31 PM   #18
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Mark[/b][/QUOTE]
Skywalker, you suprise me! as do all of you out in the great cyber-ephrix! What part of targeted stikes and convert actions do you not understand? The USA WILL NOT carpet bomb cities or refuge camps to get at a single target, that only happens in movies to make the villain look even more evil. Any terrorist training camps in Afghanistan are located away from the population areas. Think about it what good is it to have hiding places in the mountains and caves (NOT IN TOWNS) and have you training camps in populated areas? What are they going to do get up at 4:00 am to walk how ever many miles to town to train all day then walk back to their caves at night, just to do it again the next day? These people are terrorist not IDIOTS they understand the concept of fatigue and secrecy. They hide in the shadows.
As for the Talliban they have buildings, infrastructure, and weapons in the field that can be targeted indivdualy, remember all the video from the gulf war of single tanks being hit.

[/B][/QUOTE]

Bit of a problem re those that are fighting for the Taliban, of course. Given that the Taliban coerce their people into doing what they want, I wonder how many of their fighters are there because they want to be? I guess if the Taliban want you, an Afghan male, in their ranks, that's where you're going to be, whether you like it or not....... Yes? No?

------------------

[This message has been edited by Silver Cheetah (edited 09-23-2001).]