Thread: Warhammer!
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2002, 09:43 AM   #20
Legolas
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Note to Skaven players: Uber-powered characters DONT make up for a severe lack of troops [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh3.gif[/img]

They sure don't (if you can even create those anymore, keeps getting harder and harder. But Plague priests can be pretty cool [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] ). Troops almost all the way, and some basic characters to lead the retreating armies back to Skavenblight

quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
And Tancred..how does one sustain any interest at all in Bretonnians? Its just Knights, Knights and more Knights..They have 2 kinds of troops, Knights and Squires/man-at-arms.. In the previous edition, my friend and I bought the warhammer boxed set (the one with the lizards and the brets..I must say that the newest edition boxed set is a lot more worth the money), and I took the lizards while he took the brets. Both armies we found equally dull...

Depends a lot on what yo look for in the game. Even though the Bretonnian armylist is pretty limited, they DO have a lot of background. If you invest a little time in the army, it can get quite interesting. One of my two regular oponnents (my father, the other's my brother with Orcs and Goblins, a slowly growing army of Vampire Counts, about 1000 points worth of Wood Elves and a handful of Dark Elves) collects the Bretonnians too, and it's certainly not seen as boring.
Me, I prefer to have a lot of troop choice. But even without that, the Bretonnians are pretty powerful.

quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:

NOTE: My online name is not a reference to Tancred Duc de Quenelles of Bretonnia, but to Duke Tancred, a famous french knight of King Richard's Crusade. Honest.

And there I was getting it all wrong [img]smile.gif[/img]
But I'll bet Tancred, Duc de Quenelles refers to Duke Tancred as well

Just wondering, which armylists are you all using now?
Those from the fifth edition books? Sixth? The ravening hordes?
Do we have others preferring even older books and rules?