View Single Post
Old 09-22-2003, 01:47 AM   #25
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Unreal tournament, you should know, has never kept with a tradition of being wholesome or right-winged in any sence. Rather, it's a way for Left-wingers to produce their own deep-willed destructive tendencies without having to vote republican. I guess you could look at it as a game which unites people of all walks of feeling and culture in a single violent environment. I am not suprised by this mod at all. I would just as easily be unsuprised by a UT2003 mod where the player was made into the hijackers, and that they could only score points by ramming the planes they hijac into the towers. With each generation of unreal tournament there comes a new wave of moders who will produce the games of tomorrow. But with an unlimited engien like the Karma engien there are unlimited possibilities. One of the most amazing parts of the UT2003 Karma engien is the realism which it applies to bodies when they jump and or fall. There also have been fun fire-effects. Someone looked at the concept of burning to death and jumping to ones death, saw this engien, and obviously figured that they would have enough free time on their hands to produce a simulator which would gain them alot of attention. It's like how I am working on a manga with a fight scene that results in the destruction of the Atlanta international airport. I simply see something with alot of potential, and, through fiction, I produce something which isn't meant to be enjoyed or dispised, but to be something which exists. Why else do you tihnk we have art? When I look at this mod for UT2003 I see someone who just wants to express free speech, nothing more.