View Single Post
Old 03-01-2002, 10:28 AM   #8
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Garnet... errr.. I don't really know about this one but I sort of agree with Sir Kenyth. I think if you talk to him and say why you don't think it is a good idea then he has had fair warning. It is what I would like my parents to do if I were in that situation. I think that just getting strict about this is probably not going to help as teenagers are really not the kind of people who let the matter lie. I might even go so far as to say that is you think he is going to make a mistake then let him, but be there to help him get over it. And I am sure there is nothing parents like more than saying "I told you so", so maybe if he really is going to make a mistake then he will learn from it. You can but hope, if it turns out that way, that it is for the best.

BTW, completely off topic, I noticed this post of yours in GD the other day saying that your eldest "baby boy" was 19. I didn't have time to reply to it but I found it quite touching as that is how my mother refers to me quite a lot, and I am 19. I found it annoying 2 years ago, and now I find it quite comforting for some reason. I am sure it will go back to being annoying by the time I am 25, but hey! What are mothers for right?
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe