View Single Post
Old 12-05-2002, 11:07 AM   #36
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Of course America and the EU are bound to clash - they're the two biggest kids on the economic/power/politics block. Duh!

I also just looovve the irony of this often repeated scenario on this forum:

EU Aloof: "The US is thought to be pretty sucky, and here's why..."

US Homegrown: "Yeah, like, we care. Whatever. You suck too."

EU Aloof: "How arrogant and rude to not admit you suck and care about it. You're supposed to know you're less that WE are, damn you."

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

I got it - we ALL suck.
But, in the end, the guy with the biggest sledgehammer wins, so however much the US sucks, you still gotta deal with it.

{edit: even MORE ranting- yeah }
As the US Homegrown type (whether the hardcore US Homegrowns realize it or not), I must say that we've been thumbing our noses at your "old world" for a few centuries now, so at least we're consistent. Moreover, the US has constantly been taking strides in making the world a better place - whether intentional or not - by harshly influencing the growth of democracy, constantly being a cutting-edge technology developer (even if for our own pecuniary gain), and having the most advanced legal system on the planet (note that UK still has no "fundamental rights" constitution and Parliament can trump any citizens rights if it specifically intends to).

Sorry.... going way offtopic.

[ 12-05-2002, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]