View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 10:08 AM   #15
NobleNick
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:
Oh, it's quite interesting. The problem is, of course, getting to a certain point in the game without a cleric, to use the above example, and then after that not having those fighter levels for a while.

After the dual-class is activated, then sure, the DC is more powerful. But that's a long way away from a party starting off, even on the insane setting. The MC character starts off pretty powerful, and gains power throughout the entire game.
Agreed, krunchyfrogg, on all points; except that I would say that the MC starts off "O.K." The lack of Fighter after the DC, as you mention, is a big problem; which is one reason why I take a pair of DC Clerics, starting one off as a Cleric and the other one as a Fighter. An MC F/C or R/C is a good build, and quite popular; but, for IWD+HoW+TotLM on Normal difficulty, I want 2 Clerics, even if the problem of the DC gap didn't exist. And I contend that there is considerably more power in a DC F(13)/C + DC C(12_or_13)/F (or F/C + C/R) than there is in 2 MC R/C characters, or ANY other pair of Clerics/Cleric_mixes.

@ister: --> If you know the formula for effect of STR and DEX on THAC0 in IWD, I'd love to hear it.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote