Thread: Fav Character
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2003, 06:20 AM   #6
Gheital
Dungeon Master

My first computer RPG character ever.

Jentl, a human mage. Not specialized.

I think I got to around level 10-12. I'm not sure if I had a full party. Probably I didn't.

All I know that he had maxed out int but he was weak in all others. I didn't even know that rerolling-thingy then [img]smile.gif[/img]

It was hard as hell in the beginning. One spell casted and you had to sleep already.

But the character that you make when you know nothing about the game or what are good stats, are the best. He was pretty crappy but the game was challenging and I loved it. The game and the char [img]smile.gif[/img]

The same thing with Fallout 1. I'm a huge Fallout fan. You can ask almost anything from me [img]smile.gif[/img] But the first game and the character. I only remember that he had 10 luck so I got the alien weapon. But it's the same thing in BG and Fallout. When you play them again, you know how to put your stats and you end up making min-max character. Ofcourse it's you who puts the stats but I just get so annoyed with a "crappy" char, because I know how much easier some fight would have been if I would have taken the 18 str.

I noticed that fighter would be way better than a mage later on. It's been a year or so when I tested a fighter a bit. I remember making a dwarf fighter and I killed all the guards from Candlekeep with it. Tell me how's that possible? [img]smile.gif[/img]