View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 04:25 AM   #14
Link
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
quote:
Originally posted by Havock:
Sometimes you just have to drop the "N-bomb". It doesn't make you a racist. If you discriminate against people and constantly try to put them down, that would make you a racist. In this particular context I think it was more for the insult value than for any expression of his personal beliefs. The guy was heckleing him, the guy was black, the 'N-bomb" was dropped repeatedly. If the guy was gay and the "Fag-bomb" was dropped would that then make him a homophobe? I think the whole thing has been taken wayyyyyyy off the reservation. People are trying to make a scandal out of nothing.
First off, I'm willing to bet that he was on drugs or alcohol or some such.

Secondly, I wanted to respond to this and to the post that asked why black people can use that word, but we can't.

When a pejorative word is reclaimed by a community, members of the community may use it as a term of pride as they see fit. It is not our place to take it upon ourselves and use these words on people in the community as we see fit.

If we use these words, they don't automatically make us racist or homophobic. However, the act of using them is a racist/homophobic act, and people are free to be offended by it as they see fit. Who are you to judge the offensiveness of a term when it hasn't been hurled at you? You can't possibly do such a thing unless you've experienced it firsthand.
[/QUOTE]Man, this is such a useless string of arguments that I don't know where to start.

Goal: Beijing 2008
Link is offline   Reply With Quote