View Single Post
Old 11-22-2000, 01:41 PM   #3
Amset

Something I left out... According to the book, only one portal may exist in a 'scene'. I am guessing a scene is the part of the wilderness directly accessible to your characters at a given time. The area between Valeia and Ishad N'Ha would be one scene while the area between Ishad N'Ha and Brimloch Roon would be another. The book states that ANY Create Portal spell will override any previous Create Portal spells that were cast and that the created portal becomes the destination of ANY Teleport spell. That implies to me that one person could cast Create Portal and another could cast Teleport and you should still end up where the first character created a portal. I have yet to test this out since I don't have more than one character with portal spells. I also assume Teleport and Create Portal operate independently from Call of Home so any Create Portal or Teleport spells should not be affected by who/when/where Call of Home was cast.

Sorry for mentioning the 'have to be outside' part in my earlier post. I have trouble reading at 100% comprehension sometimes.

JMB