View Single Post
Old 02-22-2001, 11:00 PM   #3
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've also noticed the network game glitch, but there's more. Did you know that the original darkstone version would allow not just the game-server player to be under-level for a game, but that joining players with lower levels could come in as well? I found that out by accident when playing with a friend, I had an expert level save game and brought a level 3 monk into it (my friend brought a level 6 sorceress in over the network).

As far as the leveling up trick with QE quests in debug mode. Just grab your best throwing weapon and shift-t to level 31 - go invoke draak, and just beat on him overnight (I turned my monitor off and went to bed). Since you'll hit him automatically, and cannot die, you can easily generate a very high level player.
Draak regenerates HP too, so its a perpetual level-upping machine. I haven't tried this with the latest QE patches, but the doc's seem to indicate that it will still work.

BTW, you can also save multiple network save games - just rename the ...\darkstone\save
et
et.sav to another name - rename it back (to net.sav) to play the game. I keep a network game of interesting armor, potions, rings, weapons, etc. as a general 'interesting stuff' exchange.

Gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote