View Single Post
Old 05-05-2003, 11:18 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

A couple of different things factor into it...

First off, your stats. By Brimloch Roon, you should be at least 20 in all your primary stats (str, int, wis, dex, agl). Those help tremendously.

Second, your weapon. Are you using a rusted small sword, or a wizard's blade or nightblade? The better the weapon, the more the damage.

Third, blessings and enchantments. A follow-on to the weapon, but important nonetheless. I bless weapons with as much damage as they can hold. I ignore the elemental enchantments; if I want a flamestrike, I'll cast one

Fourth, your weapons skills. Are you at least level 5 in your weapon? Or are you fumbling along at level 2? By Brimloch Roon, I'm usually at level 12 in my chosen weapon(s).

Fifth, your ancillary skills. Things like Prowess and Gallantry can really do a lot of damage. I mean, they do a lot more damage.

Sixth, are you hiding or not? Using the stealth ability and hiding in shadows greatly increases your damage through backstabs.

Does that give you a start? I hope so. And now, Professor Radek, you may take over and enhance everything I've said

(side note: I greatly respect Radek and his in-depth knowledge of the technical aspects of the game. I wish I knew half as much; I just try to remember the basics and go from there. So note that every comment I make about Radek is simply because I'm jealous [img]smile.gif[/img] )

[ 05-05-2003, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: Bungleau ]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote