View Single Post
Old 07-04-2002, 04:55 AM   #13
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
What did I learn from that? That some Americans have big egos. Replace the word "America" with "the world" and it might be a kinda decent article I guess.
Always got to have someone raining on the parade don't we. It's the FOURTH OF JULY mate. Show a bit of tolerance will you?

It's like some ass tearing your character apart on your birthday. It's their collective birthday.

You know you didn't have to reply. Not replying would have been better than calling patriotic Americans around the fourth of July possessors of big egos.

Besides o' sour grapes trader, as an Australian, it comes across to me as presenting facts. What is wrong with the truth? What is offensive about those statements? Most prosperous in the history of the world? Name another. Rome? Was never as rich as America is now.

It just sounds like you're a bitter and envious inhabitant of an insignificant couple of islands with only 3 million people, a heap of sheep and a emmigration problem when you write stuff like that.

As I demonstrated, anyone can criticise or put down any other nation, it's a matter of TACT.

To any more non-Americans who feel like they don't like the article, why don't you just hit the back button and read another thread instead of sowing misery on a nations day of celebration. OK? [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com