View Single Post
Old 10-03-2001, 09:48 PM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

He had been standing there in the darkness for the whole night seemed like ages. The cool, gentle morning breeze started even before the first beam of sunlight hits the western sky. It was still an hour before dawn. Under his hood, monring water dripped down from his silvery and grey hair as seconds passing by. His dark, solid feature remained motionless, so motionless that he seemed not to be breathing. and he seemed to be blending in the darkness with such a perfection that humiliates the most boasting thief of the Sword Coast. If you are a travler that happened to walk by, you wouldn't have noticed a thing...

I do not remember how many times I have been here. perhaps a hundred? perhaps a thousand? I do not recall.... sigh, time has simply lost its meaning on me... I have only the most vague collection of what it was like, it was like... (thinking for a long moment) it was like... it was NOTHING like this. but what was it like? was it love? was it warmth? was it comfort? (smile bitterly) how distance these words seem to me now... (silence, lost in memory, breath a frustrated sigh) why, even this sweet night air tastes like nothing to me, I somtimes wonder... why do I continue breathing? whats the point of doing it? (waves his hand once as if trying to catch the air) It is funny how I ... (seeking for the right word) appreciate? irritate? desire?... the air more than anyone else I knew of. (another long moment of silence) it is as if I am ... alive once again. (laughs at himself) what does it mean by alive anyway! till this point of my life, I only know two things: pleasure, and the numbness after that.

(breath another breath of air, shakes his head) why... pleasure... even that has losts its excitment on me. now I only look for the numbness, the total, absolute, pure existence of nothingness, even that seems better than pleasure... (moment of silence, long moment of silence) why me?

(breath) Jessica... how foreign this name sounds to me... the longer I live, the futhur this piece of memory seems to be drifting away from me. or maybe it was I who drift away from it? like a broken vessle in the infinity ocean, hanging there in the water, up and down, move futher and futher away from that little light in the distance... Jessica... why do I still remember your name? why? and what is that tiny sparkle of ... (seeking the right word) pleasureable? happy? warm? ... sensation traveling through my nerves when I call upon your name? (silence)

This is the place where we used to watch sun rise together... ohhh, sun rise... ohh sun rise... what a crude joke! (angers build in) it is a lie! it is a lie! it is a lie! it is a lie! all this must be a lie! why!? (scream silently) for I cannot even look at that evil thing! what is warmth? what is light? it is all a freaking lie! damn you all to abyss! I will kill you ALL! YOU ALL!!!

(silence)
(silence)
(silence)
if it is a lie... let me face it for what it is... just for once...

as the first beam of morning sun hits the western sky, the motionless figure trembled visibly. he cluntched his hood tightly around him, yet he stood resolutely, facing the eastern sky. another thirty seconds passed, which seemed like an eternity, the world was lighten up by the grace of the morning sun. smoke with burning sound came out from the figure under the hood... with a yielding scream, then poooof, black smoke, the dark figure disappeared, and a batlike creature flew with all speed into the shadow of deep forests

and the sun rises

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-03-2001).]