View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 05:10 PM   #6
dplax
Jack Burton

Default Re: I hate forced updates

Broken extensions are one thing...although support for legacy extensions would have been an intelligent thing to build into FF3...but that's a totally different gripe.

I also hate the new way the address bar proposes addresses as you type. What I use under FF2 (just typing the first one or two letters of an address) no longer works, because I can no longer type g and go to giantitp.com because g occurs more frequently in mail.google.com (for which I use m currently). And I can't be bothered relearning what I need to type for all of the internet addresses I use. (we have FF3 at work, so I do know how it works)

Give me FF3 without that new feature and I might use it. Anyway, the fact that I don't like FF3 isn't my main problem.

Quote:
Also, the Phishing Protection service will no longer be available for Firefox 2 users.
The fact that they no longer update is understandable. Everyone does it with older software...the above sentence is different. Basically translates to..."Don't want to change? Ok, we'll remove a feature you had."

I don't give a rat's ass about phishing protection, I don't need it (I know what to avoid), it's just the fact that they are deactivating a feature just because you don't want to upgrade. It's like saying that people who don't use the latest winamp version from now on can no longer play FLAC files.

EDIT: before anyone makes the point that Winamp actually doesn't play FLAC files...that's beside the point of the post, and I'm aware of it.

Last edited by dplax; 12-17-2008 at 05:17 PM.
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote