View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 09:31 AM   #6
Lemmy
Manshoon

Tom-Slayer:
I want to have a party of evil ( i like the evil chars ) but i want to know the diff between what id do and theyd do to determine my alignment. can u guys help?

Here's at hint: Roleplay the *character*, not the alignment. RPing the alignment amounts to RPing a walking, talking moral. Alignment is only a tool to mold a character. Developing the history, philosophy (espc. Paladin/Priest classes), and opinions of your character helps determine what *your* character would do under certain circumstances.

As others said, it's about motivation. What motivates your character? Greed, bloodlust, sadism, power, etc.? Don't ask what would they do, but why they would do it. If you know why your character would take action, you know it's the right action for that character. The action might not be the "most evil" action to take, but it's consistent with the character. That's what matters.

The custom biography feature is most excellent for fleshing out character personalities, btw. (The "user" journal entries are fantastic, too.)

-Lem
Lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote