View Single Post
Old 01-26-2003, 06:01 PM   #5
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
A Muslim terrorist doesn't follow the true beliefs of Islam.

A KKK member doesn't follow the true beliefs of Christianity.

Just because someone is a Green Party member doesn't make them any less likely a terrorist candidate based on the beliefs of their party. Being a member of any group doesn't necessarily mean you follow their ideals.

If Bush were going to use illegitimate means to remove his political adversaries, he'd probably start with the Democrats.
I think these people have been singled out because of their involvement with the party, not their individual actions. Which means that they are being considered terrorists due to the actions and beliefs of the party. Weird.

This happens in Europe as well though. I had a friend who was refused entry to Italy for the European Social Forum as he was the national secretary of No Sweat - a group that campaigns against sweatshop labour across the globe. A group that I am also quite heavily involved in in North London...

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? Am I going to be able to go anywhere later on in life (when I actually might be able to afford to do so :s). What I do at present, or what this man did to be more pertinant, is hand out leaflets outside Nike and Gap, hold banners on marches, and raise money for Indonesian Trade unions. Oooooh, real danger to the state... :s
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote