View Single Post
Old 02-14-2005, 09:01 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Psst, don't look, shadowhound....I'm going to be 'sickeningly sweet' for minute!

I don't like the hype and 'YOU MUST SPEND MONEY ON THIS THAT AND ALL OUR PRODUCTS TO PLEASE YOUR LOVED ONE" kind of advertising that shows up but you get that overcommercialization of just about every major and many minor holidays.

And I don't like that some folks feel sad or start thinking that without a bf/gf/spouse they are incomplete etc.because I don't think it works that way at all!

What I do like is that it is a good day to reflect on the love that I have in my life. Of course I include my husband but for me it's not JUST romantic love but also that of family and good friends.

I know, we should do this all the time but sometimes we get caught up in the hectic rushing about of everyday life and lose sight of just how much the other people in our lives mean to us. Valentine's day, for me, is a day to think about those people and to let them know they mean alot to me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My husband and I will be going out for dinner, then spending a quiet evening at home. [img]graemlins/ladyhearts.gif[/img]