View Single Post
Old 06-01-2002, 12:22 AM   #1
The Hunter of Jahanna
Emerald Dragon

What do you think about the whole politicaly correct thing? Do you think that things should be spoken about in plain terms or in terms that no one will be offended by?? To give a few examples, doctors dont talk about paitents dieing anymore. Now it is called "Negative paitent outcome" Um , Helloooooooooo is anybody home , Negatve paitent outcome is still dead , it just wastes more oxegen saying it. Then we have the degenderization of proffesional titles.Firemen are now firefighters ,cops are now called police officers , mailmen are now letter carriers , mail is now called correspondence. The list of things just goes on and on. It seems like you are supposed to be afraid of offending or upsetting anyone with how you talk or just the way you phrase things. Personaly it seems like a big waste of time. If something you see or hear is offensive , then just avoid it. All of this polliticaly correct crap is slowly takeing the fire out of the average persons daily vernacular and wasteing oxegen with weighty euphamisms. Well , I guess my rant is over , what do all of you think?