Thread: Fahrenheit 9/11
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004, 10:50 AM   #17
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:

and groj, it's too bad he can't protect us against your bitter inability to debate a subject without throwing out cheap one liners, and lame personal attacks.
Love you too, Morgie. And I just *love* that handbag you hit me with!

But I guess you saw a different post altogether than I did, then. You know, the one without the remark how this movie is worse than bombing children, the one without his brilliant counterargument that Moore is a Fat Fool, the one without the remark that A Great Part Of The World apparently agrees with Avatar on this (says who?), the one without the *very* weak point about the senators, which completely missed the point of Moore's stunt altogether. It's about making them realise exactly *what* they're doing, by bringing the issue closer to them - finding out if they would have held the same opinion if one of their own kids would have ended up in Fallujah as a result of their votes. The question of whether they actually *have* kids in the first place is beside the point; even in a hypothetical manner it could still have some effect.
Of course, whether the senators actually *need* someone like Moore to remind them of this cause/effect issue is a wholly different matter altogether (we all assume they've got a conscience of their own, right?), but we weren't discussing that.

[ 09-14-2004, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: Grojlach ]
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote