View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 11:27 AM   #66
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Default Re: Cloudy's Cafe, a conversation zone, September 4, 2007

That's just the thing i needed to read right about now. Way too much seriousness going on in my week so far. Ta muchly for a good laugh, UV.

The reason for my busy week? Went on a roadtrip to the deep south. Where the trees are big, the dirt is green and folk talk like.. well, 'bout the same as the rest of us really. Went to see a mate of mine for his birthday. (Was only two weeks late this year, i'm getting better..) Made the mistake of starting my weekend before the weekend started, if you know what i mean, and neglected to do a few things before i left. But what the hey, i had a ball. Got super pissed, climbed a big-ass tree tower, got more pissed, toured the wineries and distilleries and, you guessed it, got more pissed. Come to think, it's a wonder i finished the weekend without getting punched in the head, really.

Anyways, come monday, my legs went on strike in response to me climbing the Bicentennial Tree and any movement necessitating their co-operation became a hassle. The bills and whatnot that i'd neglected came back to bite me on the bum whilst in a depressed state of hangover so i was forced to neglect them some more. I did manage to pick up my own computer from my unit in Perth on the drive back (which i've been meaning to do for a few weeks) but it seems one of my parent's cats, bless his cotton socks, has done it a mischief less than a day after i set it up and i now need a replacement graphics card socket adapter thingy. Ironically, i have one! But it's in the junk draw 200kms back in the direction i'd just come from. If i weren't so sure that a DIY repair would go horribly wrong, i'd do it, but the way my week is going, it's ill-advised at best. I've also been asked to house-sit for a mate of mine for a week whilst his house is empty. I managed to talk him down to staying a few hours a night and making sure his three dogs are fed and stuff, but even this is proving a hassle. The eldest dog is arthritic (is that even a word :ponder and can't really be made to sleep outside. As such, when i return in the morning to let her out, she's already left half a dozen presents on the carpet for me to clean. Can't think of any realistic alternatives, so tonight i just left her favourite place of business covered in newspaper. I bet she's left them somewhere else when i get in tomorrow..

Listen to me i'm rambling here. Anywho, if anyone whose PMs i've neglected to respond to is actually reading this, bare with me for a bit - even though i probably could've responded to all in the time it's taken me to write this. :ponder: Let that be indicataive of where my head's at at the moment.

Bungleau and Lord Mic, by tomorrow i'll probably be able to resume some reasonable form of Travian sitting if you need it.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote