Thread: Racial Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2001, 12:28 PM   #31
Conan

Quote:

The point of this is that race issues are not just used against "minorities." Racism exists and is pointed in all directions, to include at white people. The only way we will ever get past it is to completely level the playing field, encourage the media to report in an even-handed way, abolish programs that discriminate against ANYONE, and not tolerate situations that are otherwise.

[/B]
I agree with you in this area . I am against certain attitudes not colors of people. Working in an environment like I have with people from all around the world you can really grow within yourself to be a better person by watching and learning cultural backrounds. To read how they are in different areas of the world does not surprise me. Its seems like it is everywhere.
One thing that I see that bothers me a little is when people of the same cultural backround call each other racist names in fun. Unmentionable here of course but use your imaginations. To me that is just as bad as the real name calling.And the minute a different person in backround uses it in fun..watch out.Mybe this relates to many of you in different countrys,I don't know.I know it is real and it hurts.We have to talk about it thow.An even playing field...hmmmm it would be nice.
Conan