View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 04:47 PM   #5
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Default Re: Ground Zero mosque

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firestormalpha View Post
But at the same time they seem unwilling to alter their location inspite of heavy popular dissent.
Actually, the Imam in question has indicated that due to this outcry he is of course willing to relocate.

But he shouldn't have to. The siting of a high rise is something that goes through the City and takes years to plan. If we're going to insist they move the location, why couldn't we have told them last year rather than require new siting procedures new zoning considerations and delay to their project? It's not fair.

The most revealing thing to me is that Fox reported on this in December, but no one thought to raise their hackles until election season rolled around. It strikes me as bread and circus just to feed and create a media frenzy.

And the real problem is, as I tried to ouline, that no one is getting the facts right. It's all lies, spin, and truthiness.

Quote:
Bloomberg said that by prohibiting the construction of the mosque, the city and the country would be “compromising our commitment to fighting terror with freedom.”

“We would undercut the values and principles that so many heroes died protecting,” he said.

Bloomberg raised questions about the after-effects of not allowing the mosque’s construction, saying it would then boil down creating a “mosque-free” boundary around ground zero.

“The question will then become how big should the no-mosque zone around the World Trade Center be,” Bloomberg said. “There is already a mosque four blocks away. Should it, too, be moved?”

Last edited by Timber Loftis; 08-25-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Timber Loftis is offline   Reply With Quote