View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #70
GhostWave
Welcomed New User

Default Re: Tech Tips (game not working? Read this!)

Hi all. Thanks to the tips here I was able to get W&W running on Windows XP. HOWEVER I can't actually PLAY the game because I can't target any creatures! When I mouse over any of them the cursor doesn't change to indicate that I'm targeting anything, and it won't let me click on the creatures to indicate they are the target of an attack or a spell. I've tried this on two different XP machines and both have the same problem. They're both running Nvidia graphics drivers, one a 8600M GT and the other an 8800 GT.

I'm running with the unofficial patch and the graphics patch (the graphics patch was required to get the game to run at all) and in Win98 compatibility mode. I'm using the gameopt.dat posted here (which was necessary to get the game to run). I tried letting the game do a full install and I've tried doing a manual full install. I tried reducing the hardware acceleration down in the display driver options. I tried switching to software rendering, and the game won't run at all in that mode.

Anyone have any ideas?

GW
GhostWave is offline   Reply With Quote