Thread: Coordinates
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2014, 11:49 AM   #5
Shadow Stranger

Default Re: Coordinates

One way to obtain the coordinates of a point is to interpolate from known positions of existing objects. Cast Spirit Eye so all usable objects show up, then make a screenshot of the area map.
When looking at a screenshot of the Serpent Holds area, I figured out that to increase the distance to the left by N in pixels, required an increase of 3/5 of N in the second digit in the X coordinate in the Bol file.

I don't know how to describe the Zoom level that I had at the time. One approach, the area explored was one-quarter of the total map screen area.

Bsftc's maps may not always be useful here. He made various improvements to try and give the big picture, get around the Salami slices nature of the automaps.
Best idea is to use your own screenshots, with all of them set to the same level of Zoom in/Zoom out.
A freeware program like Greenshot can enable you to take as many screenshots as you like. (Some of the shots may lead to the game display flickering badly... Shut down the automap if that happens, then restart it.)

Last edited by Shadow Stranger; 03-17-2014 at 11:18 PM.
Shadow Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote