View Single Post
Old 03-14-2007, 06:35 PM   #141
dplax
Jack Burton

Alan Gardon looked horrified.

"Screams? Oh no...Follow me!" he ordered two of the other guards with him and ran down the corridor.

"Captain Gale, if there is anything we can do for you or for your companions to correct this terrible mistake, this stain on our honour, please do ask we would -"

He was interrupted by a door slamming open behind him. His two remaining guards turned towards it. In the doorway stood the now former guard captain and the prison warden. The warden had a loaded crossbow in his hands and before anyone had a chance to say a word he fired a bolt, right towards Lord Gardon. One of the guards was fast enough to react. He threw himself in front of his lord. The crossbow bolt pierced his chest, sticking out of his back.

As his companion took up a protective position next to his lord, the injured guard managed to toss his sword towards Telryn, before falling to the ground, clutching the bolt shaft. The sword clattered to the ground right in front of Telryn, still in its sheath.

"Captain Gale. Lord Gardon. I see you've found out about my little masquerade earlier than I had expected."

The now former guard captain had an almost insane expression in his eyes as he advanced towards the group, his own sword bared and ready to strike. Behind him, the warden was busy reloading his crossbow.

[ 03-14-2007, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
dplax is offline   Reply With Quote