View Single Post
Old 03-05-2001, 11:18 AM   #15
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

More of the latest info from the Bioware boards.

Fallen paladins and fallen rangers: I'm pretty sure that both fallen paladins and fallen rangers can already regain their status in BG2.

I know for sure rangers regain theirs at the end of the ranger stronghold plots. The paladin status I'm not completely sure about...but I remember one of the designers mentioning it, so it's probably in there as well (in the stronghold plots, I mean).

Dual-wielding throwing weapons: An inherent, hard-coded problem...you can't put missile weapons in your hand when dual-wielding. And it treats these weapons as if they are missile weapons.

The only way I can even think to change this is to take out the missile portion of Azuredge (or whatever) and instead add a 'Throw Axe' ability for the weapon in. Make it constantly useable with a Cast Spell script...and tie that to a 'Throw Axe' spell which has the axe missile animation, no casting animations or sounds and a casting time of 0.

Really clunky, but if someone really really really wants to dual-wield Azuredge it might work. Otherwise it's probably not worth it.

------------------
Memnoch - Custodian of the Order of the Holy Flame