View Single Post
Old 02-16-2010, 05:24 AM   #7
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Default Re: DAO NPC alignments and thoughts in general--PLOT SPOILERS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felix The Assassin View Post
Dude! Did you play with the sound off? Shale, Chaotic for sure, listen to his "questioning" of the "Swamp Witch" and his tormenting of the "Ole hag of a mage"!

Zevran I hear, can be trusted...either way... I'm thinking Chaotic Neutral.

If you are going to play a rogue next, you should pay attention to getting Zevran's approval rating to at least +27, over 35 opens up a whole new world altogether! I noticed how you gauged Leliana and Alistar, but had a different opinion on the other.
I said Shale was a hard read for me. I didn't use Wynne much, so missed that banter. And you can't win arguments with Morrigan,,,I've met too many RL folks like her. Just nod your head and do what you were going to do anyway! But I digress...Shale gave me the impression of a creature never meant for free will,,,suddenly being gifted with it. And feeling out his/her boundaries in the new experience of free will. Shale may have talked Chaotic, but never DID anything Chaotic, at least on my watch.

I don't mind giving Zevran another chance (what am I going to do with TWO rogues??), it just irked me that when I got him he had NO archery skills. As to his alignment, I think doing things for the sole motivation of money is Neutral Evil. You pays your money and takes your pick.

I don't get what you mean by "I noticed how you gauged Leliana and Alistar, but had a different opinion on the other." I graded them both as overall Good alignment. But there was always, in my mind, a doubt about Leliana. Is/was she really an Orlesian spy? Just waiting for the collapse of Ferelden so Orlei could move in?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote