View Single Post
Old 02-15-2010, 10:24 AM   #1
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Falling on Floor Laughing DAO NPC alignments and thoughts in general--PLOT SPOILERS!

PLOT SPOILERS WITHIN!!

Thoughts on NPC’s

Morrigan—I tried all game to figure out her “alignment”. I thought at first she was very Druid-like. She seemed to have some desire for ‘balance’ that escaped me. She was very hard to get to know, especially early in the game…it seemed that no matter what dialog option you used, she always disapproved (I play neutral to good option PC’s, so the evil/jerk dialog options were not tried). Later in the game, after liberal doses of gifts and bumping off Flemeth, she became more “agreeable”…this happened shortly before HER agenda became apparent. After the “sire a kid with the soul of an Old God” encounter, I decided she was Neutral Evil. Overall an enjoyable NPC. She has a pedantic sexy voice (is that possible?), and eyes you can get lost in. Is it a coincidence she has the name of a Celtic goddess?

Leliana—Very easy to get to know. Just play nice long enough and she will play nice back. I don’t like the cleric/thief combo, though, so my next run will be as a rogue (I never trusted Zevran and hardly used him). I didn’t really like her as my thief option, but unless the PC is a rogue, you’re kinda forced into using her. Well rounded NPC (pun intended)…Neutral Good, with a little Chaotic thrown in because of being a Bard.

Alistair—Typical heroic romance ‘good guy’. Very much like the Arthur legends. Neutral to Lawful Good.

Oghren—Stereotypical fantasy dwarf…the drunken brawler. Lawful Neutral to Neutral Good…a little Chaotic thrown in because of the Berserker.

Shale—Very useful Tank. Hard to read, but I’ll go with True Neutral.

Wynne—My aunt. Very useful in Dragon fights. Other than that I hardly used her because of too many mages (Morrigan and I). Lawful Good.

Zevran—Never trusted him, so I hardly used him. Strikes me as a character that does bad (or good) things solely because of money…a typical Neutral Evil alignment.

Dog—This is a joke right?

Sten—The Noble Savage. Good to have in a fight. His Cunari culture makes large demands on their social behavior,,,so I think he is Lawful Neutral.

Loghain Mac Tir—This guy was dead as soon as I had him in my power, so I never traveled or had a beer with the man. I will say this, he must be mad. How can someone endanger his daughter’s dynastic rights??? Then do his best to alienate the nobility??? When there is a Blight coming? He is classic Chaotic Evil in his “mad” phase. What he was like before the insanity set in I have no idea.

Anora—Comes across as very calculating and consumed with ambition. She’s probably really pissed at her father for mucking up the whole dynastic setup. She seems very concerned that things are done “legally” also. For this I think she is Lawful Evil.

Thoughts in General

Dwarves—I really like the way Bioware treated the race of Dwarves. Bioware brings them across as a people with cares and concerns and everyday lives. And… Praise The Gods…Bioware didn’t give Dwarven women beards! Then they give you Oghren, the stereotypical drunken brawler…go figure!

Elves—Not so good with Elves though. Bioware makes them effete and oddly dainty. I also CANNOT understand why the Elf race would put up with enslavement or being forced into ghettos. I also didn’t like the whole “werewolf curse brought on by Zathrian” plot device. To me it was weak.

Ok Ironworkers,,, this is my 2 cents. What’s your take?

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.

Last edited by ElfBane; 02-15-2010 at 10:39 AM.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote