View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 11:50 PM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Best. Reviewer. Ever. (Not work safe)

HAHAHAH! OMG, totally awesome. I don't get the attention Halo gets. Its a VERY lame shooter, nothing special--gee, kill everything that moves. boring.

Microsoft is all about VISUALS. Visuals with no content. no depth...

Hell, Thief 1 blows the hell out of Halo 3. And what the HELL is the deal with developers these days making games that last less than TEN HOURS?!? My god. Eye of the Beholder 1 was on 2 HD Floppies, and took 15+ hours to beat. Goldbox games took 50 hours to beat and were on 5 1/2 floppies... lol.

How far they have fallen... I hold the faith that there are a few game companies that want to make a good game, with CONTENT and not just visuals. At the end of the day, it's the story you'll remember, not the graphics.

Whats sad is we're seeing shooters upon shooter clones being released, with some 'gimmick' to make their game 'unique', but in the end, its a 'kill everything that moves' design, with some pretty cut scenes. dull. We can do better than this. We deserve better than this.

My friend, he pre purchased the Halo 3 'deluxe ultra gold head thing' edition.. over $100.00. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?! And all these corporate reviews like IGN, PC Gamer and such give them 10 out of 10?? Wow... Makes me wonder what constitutes a 10.

We need to stop dumbing games down, or at least make a genre with something more.. I miss the days of Thief 1 and 2..
I think that's why we like Roleplaying games.. It makes us think, not just 'kill all that moves'.

Just my 2 coppers

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is online now   Reply With Quote