View Single Post
Old 10-23-2001, 08:51 AM   #4
IrishHound
Dungeon Master

Well, while, dann, does have the right idea to fighting the dragons of this game, I can say that I routinely take down that shadow dragon at average level of 9/10 without cheese at all. This last time I only had 4 people in my part, my character(paladin), jahiera, jan and mazzy who I picked up in that Umar quest. One thing I will say, is that a wand of lighting is is very helpfull, but in genral all I did was beef up my guy and Jaheira with strenght and haste and positioned them on the rear flanks of the dragon. Jaheira, used the magic lowering spell for druids and then I had jan hit the dragon with two lower resistances to make sure he was at 0 percent; after that it's a matter of keepin ppl on diff sided of the dragon so jan can nail him wiht spells and use that dam lighting wand. Mazzy just kept pelting away with tasherons bow and my fighters just kept hacking away. Seems to work for me routinely withouth loss of life in most cases.

Granted their are more ways to kill dragons, but this works for me so why change it.

------------------
To quote the pestering peasant, Neeber, of tradesmeet: "I killed a rabid rabbit! I'm experienced, now!"