Thread: Imoen?
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2001, 09:00 PM   #5
andrewas
Harper

you shoudnt need another tank - there are plenty of spells than can temporarily tank a mage so you can rescue/evac them - stoneskin etc.

thats tank as in seemingly invincible, not death dealer.

tenser transformtion does the latter form of tanking tho.

just remember to keep them off the front line as much as possible - there are plenty of high powered weapons you tanks will discard that they can use just in case tho. i tend to use staffs with all my magic users - thats 3 of my party. aerie uses crom faeyr instead.

with this party you have two tanks and another less durable fighter - use them effectively and do not let jah be overwhelmed when you or minsc should be in the thick of it. i think you have just about the right amount of mage support for SoA, maybe a bit much for TuB, although the theiving is a little on the light side - if there was a multi mage/thief instead of a dual mage/theif it would work better - but i like to keep imoen around. i used her through BG1 you see, and want to keep my original party together. it just dosent seem right otherwise- "well minsc, weve fought and died (repeatedly) together for about a year now - now go away and never come back!" i dont think.