View Single Post
Old 08-07-2010, 11:45 PM   #9
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Default Re: NWN2: Is it Worth Getting?

* Possible Spoilers *

Okay, its been three months since I first posted this thread and I finally purchased the Gold edition. It took significant time to patch! But it was very much well worth it as Calaethis Dragonsbane and CerebroDragon pointed out and compared to the NWN1 OC this OC was 100 times better.

Amazingly my aging socket 939 with a dual core 2.0 cpu, 2 gigs of RAM and my Nvidia 9600GT handled the game with ease. I can think of only two places where the FPS dropped enough to cause some lagging/stuttering but it was by no means a game breaker.

Here are my Pros:

* Obsidian developing a code whereby you can have a party of upwards of 7 (your PC + 6)! I love large party RPGs and it made for some interesting game play

* Cut scenes could get a little tedious

* Voice acting and character depth

*Excellent humor

*Moral choices that can make a difference

*Things I haven't experienced before in an RPG: A trial and defending a Keep.

* Alignments playing out through the NPCs. I found the embodiment of Lawful Neutral and Chaotic Evil to be about perfect.

Cons:

* Too linear at times

* The ending after completing the task: Meh. That is the only part of the game that felt rushed. And here Elanee and I were planning on getting married, raise a family, and eventually retire in the countryside.

All in all well worth my time and money.

Last edited by Albromor; 08-07-2010 at 11:48 PM.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote