Thread: Thief Solo...?
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2001, 10:48 AM   #6
Kaleban
Manshoon

cool.

I'm wondering though, about skill allocation. Obviously, the Stealthy skills deserve first glance, but those two skills can easily be buffed by equipment found early (Shadow Thief armor, and Boots of Stealth), and later with invisibility and Staff of the Magi.

So I', assuming the best place to allocate the Assassin's skills would be into Pick Pockets, Find Taps, and Lockpicking, right? PP is a great way to get items and money, and obviously, FT and LP are lifesavers and XP gainers.

Also I plan on dualing at a higher than normal level with my Assassin in preparation for ToB. Most likely around level 16 to get the extra poisoning attack. And I think the being able to hit things question can be remedied by Tenser's Transformation, as you'll get the Thac0 of a fighter roughly equal to your Assy level once your mage gets high in level. Also, can anyone tell me if Improved Invisibility gives you unlimited backstabs? Of course, with the backstab-with-any-weapon bug, BS with the Staff of the Magi can make you nigh-unstoppable I would think...