View Single Post
Old 06-24-2001, 12:57 AM   #11
Waluin

Ok, I did a varation of what you did and others.

First off, I summoned my 5 creatures (mainly level IIs) and lured the all (apparently the fighters AND the mage are lured) them into the middle ground just outside where the solamnics are. Then, I sent in one more shipment of creatures to soften em up, but mainly to get bearings of where they were. (I creeped in while in shadows to get a semi-accurate approximation.

Once I knew I was close, I let Aerie creep in and friggin' carpet bomb the area with silence. On the second volly, fortunately, the halfling mage must have rolled badly because he succombed.

Bingo. Time to move in.

Due to the fact I do not have the cleric fellow on-staff yet, I basically put myself, a dual magic sword user, and V, a dual Katana user, in the front and marched up. (with 4 animal summing II creatures backing me up, heh heh). Oh, and offensive spin was *on*

Oh course, the halfling mage crapped a brick and put up some kind of halfhearted shield thingy, but couldnt muster anything else. I had Jaheira insect him with the higher-level version for good measure. Unfortunately, due to the significant prowess of the halfling warriors, whom I horribly understimated, the whole thing turned into a badly organized grand melee. For a minute or two I thought I was a goner, but I had Jaheira cast two summoning I spells. The 4 wolves kept at the mage while my troops tried to rally.

During this, unfortunately, Aerie got hurt pretty bad, and this is after she and Misc had their 'new witch' agreement. I'm seeing Misnc start to panic, and start freaking out, because I *dont* need him going berzerk on me with everyone hurt as much as they are.

Of course, she dies, and Minsc goes nuts. He's got a rather potent magic two-handed sword, so he pretty much cleaves his way through the opposition. In the process he nearly cleves me down, but the only casualty was Aerie as the wolves ironically took care of whatever the mage had left to offer.

One rest and a Harper's Call later, I was back in business and a few fights wiser.

Yay!

If I get stuck anywhere else, and odds are I am, I know where to go

[This message has been edited by Waluin (edited 06-24-2001).]