View Single Post
Old 01-05-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
How on earth do you pickpocket specific items from merchants? I didn't see the option even when I tried having Neeshka talk to one, but that was before getting to Neverwinter in ch1.
Try selecting Neeshka, target the merchant, and select the "slieght of hand function" - you should be able to get that function right clicking on Neeshka as well IIRC.

This IS one of my beefs about NWN2 - sleight of hand either never fails or if it does, you can never get caught! There are NO consequences to a failed pickpocket attempt! NONE. Might as well go through the town and rob everyone blind! There are a couple of nice items to be found. I've gotten Bleederkin (Rapier +2 does wounding damage on DC14); Blade of the Gladiator (ls+2 +d6 acid ); chimes of opening (50 charges, knock @ 1 chg per use) - AWESOME item if you really don't want to keep Neeshka around; Rogues Hood; and a couple of other items. Just a word of caution - the only merchant that I have found who would buy this stolen stuff is Uncus at Crossroad keep - nobody else will give you a penny for it. You MIGHT be able to sell it IF you are following the thieve guild path instead of the city watch path. The drow merchant MIGHT buy them but I don't intend on letting her into my keep.

In fact, I think you can actually bleed the merchants dry of their cash (some of them have 250,000 to 300,000 gold) by pickpocketing them (it is going to take a LONG time to do that though at 40 gp or so a pop), then use that money to buy up their really good items, and then either sell off your less valuable items to them or rob them AGAIN of the all of the gold you just spent! lol Of course it will take forever to do this so it's not viable but it COULD be done - IF you had NO life! lol

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote