View Single Post
Old 11-03-2009, 01:32 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: First Impressions

Yeah, they have like talent trees similiar to WoW and The Witcher, where you can dump points into and gain spells. Basically there's only one caster type and he can do all spells potentially.

Just played for another 2 hour or so, went the human noble route as a rogue. Man, rogue is alot of fun. Pickpocketting my family members etc. They can stealth, dual wield and barter. All that Rogue-ish goodness.

The only thing I would say is you may wanna turn gore down a bit. It is almost ridiculous. My characters finish a battle and then immediately go into a cutscene with everyone in my party just DRENCHED in blood. When the NPC's are talking about everyday things like the weather or how many sandwiches they ate, it just seems laughable to have them chatting pleasantly to 3 people who look like Jason the serial killer after every fight. I am fine with gore, but it's a bit too much and imo unnecessary. No big deal, just turn the switch down.

I am looking forward to mods for this game, what with such a great engine and all, I imagine this will be the next big modding affair.