View Single Post
Old 01-10-2003, 11:18 AM   #14
Grungi
Banned User

thats out of order, merely being drunk should NOT be an offense, its being drunk and then doing stupid things, ie drunk & disorderly (as its known in the UK) that means if your drunk you will be fine, if your drunk and causing trouble in any manner then you can be pulled. But if your in a public place ffs thats just stupid to arrest them, taking things way too far, if they tried that here people would riot and beat the police up i think, its bad enough when the police try and remove just 1 drunk person cos hes stayed after closing (they sent 7 police for 1 guy who was being slow finishing his drink and swore at the barstaff who panicked and called the police)

i got no problem with drunk people, or drunk people in public, just dont get in other peoples faces or be "disorderly" whilst doing so, frankly all antisocial behaviour should be banned, drunk or not, dont know why a distinction is made just for alcohol. Get plenty of people who get very very drunk and just get very tired and want to sleep, how is it right that the police could arrest them just for drinking when they havent impinged on anyone elses rights in anyway, bahhhhhhh cant believe the world today [img]tongue.gif[/img]

the other point is, who is to say if your drunk or not, i know people who can sink 20 pints and still be fully coherent, know where they are and have no ill effects at the same time i know some lightweights who are pissed after a single pint and they get loud, slurred and lose lots of control of functions, yet would pass a breathlyser test, so the police would happily arrest the guy who was sitting quietly minding his business with 20 pints inside him but ignore the guy causing trouble with 1 pint inside him below the limit, bah i say! police/local authorities never seem to get it right from what i seen regardless of country.