View Single Post
Old 02-02-2001, 11:48 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well as a total newbie who posts too much, no doubt, I can say I've been welcomed by lots of people I'm figuring are "old timers" and have got plenty of good tips on the game from new and old alike.

My advice is to jump in and get your feet wet, worst thing that can happen is you disagree with someone. It happens, but so far I have noticed a remarkable degree of tolerance on this board. Reminds me of a private email list I'm on, that was born of a newsgroup split 4 years ago. I've met half of those people in person. And while I may not be 'best buddies' with a good number of them, we all agree that we like our list enough not to let any disagreements keep us from posting. Even the one member who left in a huff, came back and was welcomed by all.

I have a feeling this board is going to be very much like that list. Hell, I've been "missing" from that list for a week now and they all think I've been kidnapped-had to tell one concerned person who emailed me at work, that I'm just hanging out in Amn for a while! Anyone working on that spell to give me a week of Saturdays? I sure could use it now!!!