View Single Post
Old 11-15-2001, 03:59 PM   #5
Legolas
Jack Burton

Having played the archer, I can say that for me it was: (subject to avaliability, though I wonder how you got the leather +5 on)

Heartseeker +3
Boots of speed
No shield or the shield of Harmony kept in your backpack
Ring of Gaxx (ring of regeneration will do fine as well)
Ring of free action (this may give you some problems using the bots of speed. I usually keep the boots in my backpack until I need them)
Cloak of Non-detection
any girdle
Bracers of Archery, Gauntlets of Ogre Power or Gauntlets of weapon's expertise, depending on your strenghts and weaknesses. If you need the bracers of dexterity you should probably have focussed more on dexterity during character creation
Shadow Dragon armour is the best you can get, though Aegar's hide will do fine too.
As for the helm, I usually don't take one as I don't like the way it looks [img]smile.gif[/img] But the helmet of defence or the helmet of charm protection will help a lot
...'s proof against poison is a useful amulet
and I think in your case the flail of ages will do nicely as your second weapon (to be used with the shield)
A halberd (like dragon's breath) will also be useful

Other options include:
Arbalane's short sword (possibly dual-wielded) in stead of the ring of free action, boots of avoisdane or grounding while you are not using the boots of speed, the ring of earth control or the non-elemental ring that protects you from fire, the Elven Court Bow and other nice trinkets.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!