View Single Post
Old 08-17-2001, 10:15 AM   #14
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
I'm not really old enough to really know what you're going through Larry, but to me IMHO you should stop waiting till she's older.
Stop waiting till this happens or that occurs..first you'll wait till she's big enough to walk with you, then you'll wait till she's a teen, and I can imagine before you know it she'll be old enough to go to college and move away from home.
There's no end to waiting for a person to grow, so I feel that loving a child as she is and not what she will be is important. You never know what she'll be in the future, but you do know what she is now, so love your kid as what she is right now, rather than what you want or hope she'll be later.
/Rant Off
I appreciate that comment. You have a good point.
I think my whole reason for this topic is to point out that:

#1 ) A man's love for his child cannot compare to a woman's, yet most women expect us to.
#2 ) Love for a child (in a man's sense) has to grow, and is usually not automatic.
#3 ) As stated earlier, although a woman says that she love unconditionally, the crying and whining that a child produces does curve that love temporarilly, as seen with my wife.

------------------

Devoted member of the Ironworks
Loyal guardian of the OHF
Member of the Ancients' club

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 08-17-2001).]