View Single Post
Old 03-11-2001, 11:37 PM   #101
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by JJ/newbie:
Besides helping to free Kuwait from saddam hussein and getting sick on the prime minister of japan, I am not sure what else bush sr. did overseas.
Unfortunately it could be argued that the west helped create the Iraqi problem. Did not the British create Kuwait when they moved out? It just happened to be over a huge amount of oil right? Was not Saddam the U.S. friend vs Iran? did they not sell him arms to fight their common foe? Echos of Frankenstien could be heard here I'm sure
Also as much as Noriega may have been up to his knees in drug deals, he was still the leader of an independant nation (however rightly or wrongly - that is not the issue) when Bush arrested him.

You'd know more about these guys I'm sure JJ, and I have a cynical view of world leaders anyway, so as much as I'm stirring the pot I'll acknowledge that no system or individual is perfect, and most have elements in their favour.

Also I'm very glad that the U.S. soldiers made the stand they did (Hellfire, Turbovee etc) but I've heard though that Stormin' Norman wanted to finish the job and cut off the snakes head, but that Bush prevented this. Am I wrong?

Check out the David Baerwald record "Triage" for some 'subversive' sentiment from the Bush era.

Man. I'd better stop. The world could be much worse than it is. I don't want folks like Donut to sleep uneasy.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 03-11-2001).]